Friday, March 26, 2010

How quickly time goes past.  Here we are at the end of March and school holidays looming, which means I wont have to go to TAFE for a couple of weeks.  Maybe I will get some real sewing done.  I really would like to make a pretty quilt for my bed before winter gets here, and I want to make a quilt for my son who has recently got a fly in / fly out job up North and I think it would be nice for him to have a little bit of love to take with him.
Meanwhile, here are a couple of photos of things I have made over the last few weeks.

First, my beautiful daughter dressed as Alice in Wonderland for the disney concert and wearing the apron and frilly garters I made . Yes she is the same daughter that had the black hair in an earlier photo, not a blonde twin :))


Next are a couple of tool aprons I made for putting personal sewing equipment in while I'm at TAFE.  I made the pink one for one of my fellow students who doesn't own a sewing machine yet and the red and black one is mine.  I put an extra pocket in mine for my scissors.  They are so handy.  I also use mine at work and I think I will make a couple more for round the house.



I wont bore you with photos of the pillowcases I made at TAFE, but FYI, I made 2 plain ones and a frilly one with Peter Rabbit fabric for my daughter. We are moving on to cushions and bolsters next week and if I make anything outstanding I will pop up some pics. In the meantime, I will see if I can get back to some serious playing ... real quilting!!!!!!

3 comments:

Margarita said...

Lovel those aprons Terri.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

The aprons are great Terri! Being a "pink" person, I love the one you made for a fellow worker. BTW- your daughter is lovely!!! ;0)

Terri's Place said...

Thanks for your comments ladies. Glad you like them. I'm a pink person too, Sandy, but I asked the girl at TAFE what colour she she would like, and guess what colour she picked!!! So I had to make myself a different one.