Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hello again!!!!

Well!!!  I seem to be getting more organised though I must confess I am not quite there yet. Got curtains up in the bedrooms and lounge today ... next thing is to get rid of the vertical blinds that I hate. Looking forward to getting my new lounge suite and then I will be able to get my lounge properly organised.
I have also recently transferred from my previous place of work to a nearer store but am doing a few hours more each week.  More money for fabric, less time to sew :?
Have managed to achieve a little bit of sewing amongst these crazy few months.

I recently did an apron swap on the forum and received a wonderful apron from my swap partner.

The top pocket is cut out of 3 pieces of fabric, grapes, blueberries and cherries and all fussy cut and attached to make a pocket with a circular bottom and stitched on to the bib which is strawberries.
The neck ties are made from the same grape and cherry fabric.

 The skirt is tomatoes and the pocket is capsicum, basil and chilli and the ties are onions, red on one side and brown on the other.

The inside is plain red with a cute mushroom motif appliqued on the bottom corner which is designed from mushroom fabric.

This apron is truly designed to motivate in the kitchen ..... and is almost edible in itself  :))) Thank you, Guiliana, for a marvellous apron that you have obviously put so much thought and work into.  I will wear it with pleasure and pride.

The one I sent in return, (that was 6 weeks late due to my move), was not so intricate and I even forgot to sign it :/
I used retro fabric with a cream background that was patterned with kitchen appliances, crockery and other paraphernalia from the 50's and 60's and coloured in reds, greens and yellows.

As you can see the straps, ties and trim is red and the shoulder straps fasten with buttons at the back waist. 

The neck edge and pockets are finished in red bias and the bib is decorated with 2 red buttons.