Sunday, February 17, 2013

The laziest blogger on the block.

It has been 9 months since my last post and I'm hanging my head in shame. I have actually written stuff but for some reason I haven't published it, and the longer one leaves these things the worse it gets.  So, I have cleaned out all the past unpublished posts and we're off to a fresh start.

So, a brief catch up on the last 9 months , which I will publish in sittings, so a) any readers don't get bored;  b) so I manage to get the posts published;  then on to the present and a greater effort at blogging regularity.
 
I will start with a subject that features quite forcefully in the home. Those objects of my affection that make the most mess, take up the most time  and generally create havoc in my otherwise peaceful and organised life.
  
Feline Power!

 In my last (published) post I talked about the kittens.  They are now teenagers and bundles of mischief Their personalities are as different as their looks.
Felix


Felix - right way up



Tabitha - wants to be on TV
Tabitha - the mouser
Twisty Tuppence
Snuggled Tuppence




A sad thing happened on 3 November 2012. I  lost my old girl of 17 years. 

 
RIP Mink.  You were a sweet and faithful purr-person.    

Then a couple of weeks ago, I had a message from a very longstanding friend who desperately needed a home for a mature cat. To cut a long story short, I said yes and so Mr. Prince entered our lives.
Mr. Prince
Mr.Prince is not used to a large family so some adjustments are in order, for him as well everyone else, particularly Obsidian, who thinks he is the boss ... and probably shouldn't be in a multi-feline home ... but despite interminent growling, hissing and the odd bit of flying fur, we are gradually all getting used to each other. And so once again, the purr-people in our little home outnumber the humans 6-2.




1 comment:

Quilt Kitty said...

Every one of them is a delight Terri & by the photos maybe a little special too - but aren't we all. No matter how many new purr-people come into our lives, the ones we have loved and lost remain with us in spirit. I'm sure your house, like mine is spiritually getting a little crowded. Tracee xx