Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wow!!! I must be on a roll. Not even halfway through the month and here I am again. When I started my tafe course I used an overlocker for the very first time ever and it was great, so I decided I needed one. Not being the richest person on the planet I knew it was going to have to be a secondhand cheapie and was expecting to have to pay at least between two to four hundred. So I started looking and look what I found.




It's a Bernina Bernette 334DS .... with differential feed!!! And guess how much..... ....$40!!!!!! Is that a great buy or not? I got it serviced which cost me $76 and it is perfect. I am so happy with it and consider myself very fortunate to find such a bargain :))

Another new toy I recently bought myself is a new camera, a lovely little 12MP Samsung. It's a fabulous little camera, neat, compact and very user friendly. However, it didn't have a case so I decided to make one. I saw some very cute cases on the blog of one of the forum ladies and decided it would be perfect, so I found the website they came from and made one out of these lovely fabrics that just went together perfectly.



Thank you to Sew Mama Sew for this free tutorial at 
http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=740

10 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Love your new toy. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

barb's creations said...

I've never used an overlocker....is it easy to use? Love the camera case,thanks for putting up the tutorial link.Think I might make a couple of these for Chrissy gifts for the family this year :) Barb.

cheryl said...

Have fun with the overlocker, I still have a Singer that must be close to 20yrs and still goes great! Love the camera bag,, chrissie present would be great!

Vicki ♥ said...

I too have never had an overlocker and I look forward to seeing what you make with it.
I like your camera case and yes it would make a great chrissy present for someone. :) hugs Vicki

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Gee Terri, you got a real bargain there! A friend has had an overlocker for years, used to make her sons t-shirts etc, and "Jac shirts" for her hubby. I have never used one. I have seen patterns on U.S> sites for sergers - think that is what they call them over there????
Your camera bag is very pretty, too. ;-)

Terri's Place said...

Thanks for all your comments girls. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with my overlocker too. We use them for everything at tafe and my DDIL's mother swears by hers. I must say you don't have to worry about things fraying :))
I will always put up a link to any pattern that I use from another site. I believe in giving credit to people when it is their due :)

Liz said...

Terri--You will love the overlocker. Mine is a pfaff fromm many years ago and still goes well. The camera case is lovely. Colors are very nice.

Shirlwin said...

The overlocker was certainly a bargain! The camera case is so cute, and unique! I love the colours!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love your camera case. Great colour combination. Sew Mama Sew has some awesome tutorials.

Unknown said...

What a great score with the overlocker !