Sunday, January 10, 2010



 I have finally achieved a goal!!!!  I have made a bag!!!!  I am so happy with myself :))  The colours aren't my first choice but I didn't want to use my favourite fabric on my first attempt just in case. However, it turned out really well and I am pleased with the result and will be quite proud to use it.  However, if I make another one I will make the handles a little bit longer, just a couple of extra inches.  These ones are not quite long enough for me personally as I prefer to hang bags from my shoulders.

The pattern came from a Quilts and More magazine, Autumn 2008.  It has a single internal pocket but the outside has 3 pockets on each side.  It was so easy to make .... I mean if I can make it anyone  can.


Now I have done this one I feel I can make any .... watch out Gucci !!!!!  LOL

9 comments:

barb's creations said...

Lovely bag Terri.I made two of these for my neices last Christmas and you're right they are quick and easy to make up.Keep up the great work :) Barb.

Tozz said...

It has turned out really well Terri. The colours look good too :) Hugs
Vicki

Ondrea said...

Just lovely Terri! You are a clever gal.

Linda said...

Great bag. Looks like it's the perfect size too. Well done :)

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Wow Terri, it is great! If this is only your first, well you are on your way to making some abfab bags. :-)

Bobbi said...

great bag!!! im totally addicted to making bags and you will too...there are a lot of fun and easy patterns out there. my favs are patterns by penny sturgis-quilts illustrated. very easy to follow! cant wait to see what you make in feb for friday nights!

Gloria said...

A very pretty bag Terri. I do like the colors too.

Debs said...

A beautiful bag Terri. I love making bags and believe me, now that you have made one you will be hooked.

Vanilla Rose Home and Body Escentuals...Naturally said...

Thank you for all your kind and encouraging comments girls. I do want to make another bag soon ... just got to find the right pattern :)